As a service to our community, this space is for non-profit groups to share special events, programs and activities.
Please note: SoWashCo Schools does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or recommend the activities/events announced here.
Eligibility for community postings:
The requesting entity must be a local non-profit organization, SoWashCo parent group (including PTA-PTO's and Boosters), SoWashCo advisory group or a SoWashCo student organization.
Information shared must be an opportunity to enhance student achievement and wellness and/or support SoWashCo programs and opportunities.
Information will not include any reference to political views.
Each group/organization will be allowed to share no more than four electronic flyers over the course of the school year (starting Sept. 1 and ending June 1). NOTE: Each city is an organization - each athletic association is an organization.
Groups/organizations that meet these criteria must send a link to a webpage or PDF flyer about the event or program, a short description of the event or program, the organization name, and the event organizer's contact information to email@example.com.
- The Washburn Center for Children is hosting a free, virtual games week from Sept. 26-Oct. 2.
- Families can sign up for seven days of free family fun for kids ages 4-12. If you chose to donate $10, you will receive a tshirt and prize pack in the mail
- The St. Ambrose Fall Festival will be taking place on Friday, Sept. 24 from 5:30-10 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 25 from 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- There will be a talent show, carnival rides, music, food, games, and a silent auction.
- Higher Heights, A student led organization, is offering free tutoring for students in grades K-8.
- Tutoring is available in English, math, science and history.
- Youth volleyball players are welcome to attend the varsity Woodbury High School volleyball match on Thursday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m.
- Elementary and middle school volleyball players that wear their jersey will get admission for free.
- Join us at East Ridge High School on Oct. 5 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. for a panel and free screening of “My Ascension”, a suicide prevention documentary.
- This event is recommended for students in grade 8 and up along with their families.