our mission and vision
The mission of the Adult Basic Education program is to provide learners with a comfortable, challenging, learning and networking environment to enhance work, English language and life skills.
Our vision is to partner with learners to create opportunities where students attend regularly, set personal goals, use technology and make progress while collaborating with community and educational organizations to create pathways for success
In order to be eligible for our classes you must:
- Be 17 years of age or older; and
- Not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school under State law; AND
- Meet one or more of these conditions:
- Unable to speak, read or write English;
- Do not have high school diploma or equivalent;
- lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills.
*An exception is made for Work-Based Project Learners and Transition to Employment students referred by the Workforce Center or MFIP to be allowed in conditional content classes.
Visit Literacy Minnesota for more information about programs around the state.
Great Rivers Adult Education Consortium Program Manager
Great Rivers Adult Education Consortium Program Coordinator
Great Rivers Adult Education Consortium Program Specialist
Great Rivers Adult Education Consortium Transitions Coordinator
Adult and Alternative Programs Coordinator