101.1 Name of the School District
The purpose of this policy is to clarify the name of the school district
- GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
Pursuant to statute, the official name of the school district is Independent School District No. 833. However, the school district is often referred to by other informal names. In order to avoid confusion and to encourage consistency in school district letterheads, signage, publications and other materials, the School Board intends to establish a uniform name for the school district.
- UNIFORM NAME
- The name of the school district shall be: South Washington County Schools.
- The name specified above may be used to refer to the school district and may be shown on school district letterheads, signage, publications and other materials.
- In official communications and on school district ballots, the school district shall be referred to as Independent School District No. 833 (South Washington County Schools), but inadvertent failure to use the correct name shall not invalidate any legal proceeding or matter or affect the validity of any document.
- Minn. Stat. § 123A.55 (Classes, Number)
POLICY ADOPTED: November 16, 2006
POLICY REVISED: November 18, 2010, December 18, 2014, January 21, 2021, January 20, 2022