- Health and Safety
SoWashCo Schools are a chemical free environment. Possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs, drug paraphernalia, and/or alcohol, is prohibited at school or in any other school location or during school-sponsored events before, during, or after school hours. The school district will discipline or take appropriate action against anyone who violates this policy.
Chemicals include, but is not limited to:
- Alcohol, including any alcoholic beverage, malt beverage, or fortified wine or other intoxicating liquor.
- Tobacco, including cigarettes, cigars, cheroots, stogies, perique, granulated, plug cut, crimp cut, ready rubbed, and other smoking tobacco, snuff, snuff flour, cavendish, plug and twist tobacco, fine cut and other chewing tobacco, shorts, refuse scraps, clippings, cuttings and sweepings to tobacco, and other kinds and forms of tobacco, prepared in such manner as to be suitable for chewing or smoking in a pipe or other tobacco-related devices.
- Electronic smoking devices such as vapes and pens, vape juice, THC oils, wax, and liquid.
- Controlled substances including, narcotic drugs, hallucinogenic drugs, amphetamines, barbiturates, cannabis (marijuana), anabolic steroids, or any other controlled substance as defined in Schedules I through V of the Controlled Substances (including prescription drugs such as Adderall) Act, 21 U.S.C. 812, including analogues and "look alike"/simulated drugs.
- Toxic substances including, glue, cement, aerosol paint, or, for purposes of this policy, any substance that causes involvement of the central nervous system.
POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCESThe progressive discipline procedures below are designed to improve and prevent a recurrence of the behavior. Administrators reserve the right to combine or skip steps depending on the facts of each situation.
|Parent/legal guardian contact; Police referral; in/out of school suspension; alcohol/ drug use evaluation/ assessment; Possible expulsion/exclusion|
|Athletics and Activities||Eligibility in school sponsored activities may be jeopardized.
For more information see an administrator or activities/athletic directors or visit the MSHSL Eligibility Brochure
- All Elementary School Policies
- All High School Policies
- All Middle School Policies