Materials that are part of the basic educational program are provided with state, federal, and local funds at no charge to a student. Students are expected to provide their own personal items (pencils, pens, paper, erasers, notebooks).
Students may be required to pay certain other fees or deposits, including (not an inclusive list):
- Cost for materials for a class project that exceeds minimum requirements and is kept by the student.
- Security deposits for the return of materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Personal physical education and athletic equipment and apparel.
- Items of personal use or products that a student has an option to purchase such as student publications, class rings, annuals, and graduation announcements.
- Field trips considered supplementary to the district’s educational program.
- Admission fees or costs to attend or participate in optional extracurricular activities and programs.
- Voluntarily purchased student health and accident insurance.
- Use of musical instruments owned or rented by the school district.
Students will be charged for textbooks, computers, workbooks, and library books that are lost or destroyed. The school district may waive a required fee or deposit if the student and parent/legal guardian/legal guardian/guardian are unable to pay, please contact your child’s principal for more information.