Join the SoWashCo Advisory Staff Development Committee
Apply to the SoWashCo Schools Advisory Staff Development Committee (ASDC) to collaborate on the SoWashCo staff professional development plan, evaluate professional development efforts at the site and department level, ensure the representation of all employees and develop districtwide training ideas.
This committee will consist of 26 teachers, one non-teaching staff representative, one school board member, three parents or guardians, two representatives of the United Teachers of South Washington County (UTSWC), and three administrators.
This committee will hold meetings four times each calendar year, on the fourth Wednesday of January, March, May, and October.
Apply to be a parent/guardian representative on the ASDC. Please see the eligibility requirements below. We are seeking three family representatives for the community perspective regarding district professional development. Members of the ASDC will provide feedback and suggestions on the SoWashCo Professional Development Plan.
Please review the information below to determine if you are interested in applying for and committing to this collaborative opportunity. The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, January 23, 2022.
- Members will commit to a two-year term
- Members will be available to attend four regularly scheduled meetings on the fourth Wednesdays of January, March, May, and October
- Members will serve as ambassadors between the district and their school community
- Completion of the ASDC application form.
- Applicants must be a parent or guardian of a current South Washington County Schools student.
- Applicants must not be a current member of an additional South Washington County Schools advisory committee.
- Applicants must be collaborative and solution-oriented.
- Applicants must be able to communicate with people from all backgrounds.
Meeting Dates (4:30-5:30pm)
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Wednesday, March 29, 2023
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023
- James Magee, Director of Professional Development
- Tim Bunnell, ATPPS Coordinator
Applications will be reviewed and selections will be made based on creating a team that is representative of South Washington County Schools. Please apply by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 23, 2022.
The first meeting will be held virtually at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 26 for introductions, officer elections, approval of bylaws, and communication of state of professional development in SoWashCo Schools. This meeting will be held virtually via Zoom.
Thank you for supporting South Washington County Schools.