Negotiations Update - UTSWC Session Two
South Washington County Schools (SoWashCo Schools) and the United Teachers of South Washington County (UTSWC) met for their second public negotiations session last Wednesday.
Each group shared several proposals that focused on language such as clarifications, dates and to better define wording in the contract. Following the presentations, each group caucused by meeting in separate rooms to discuss the proposals. The negotiations teams successfully came to several tentative agreements including:
- An addition to the table of contents
- An updated date for Article VII, Section 8, Subd. 5
- Better definition for when paid absence leave begins accumulating for Article X, Section 1, Subd. 1
- Adjustments to reclaim a position Article XII, Section 2, Subd. 7
- Allowing teachers in the preschool bargaining unit to join the same Medical Emergency Pool (MEP)
- Schedule C adjustment for cross country coaches
- Removal of memorandum of agreement related to one-time pay that expired in the 2019-20 school year
- Removal of memorandum of agreement related to reading recovery that expires on June 30.
- Minor wording adjustments for Article VI, Section 1, Salary Schedule
- Minor wording adjustments for Article XV, Severance, Plan I
- Minor wording adjustments for Article XV, Severance, Plan II
- Renewal of Memorandums of Agreements
- ACCESS/Credit Recovery/Homebound Teachers
- Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Non-student Contact Days Defined
- Labor Management Committee
- Unrequested leave of absence (ULA)
- Medical Emergency Pool
Last Thursday, the school board entered a closed session to determine the financial parameters for a new UTSWC contract with the funding that is available. The parameters are expected to be shared in late June.
The next negotiation session between SoWashCo Schools and UTSWC is scheduled for Wednesday, June 9.