Advisory Staff Development Committee (ASDC)
The duties of the Advisory Staff Development Committee as defined by MN Statute 122A.60 are:
- To develop the [District’s staff development] plan,
- Assist site professional development teams in developing a site plan consistent with the goals of the plan, and
- Evaluate staff development efforts at the site level.
A majority of the membership of the advisory committee and the site professional development team must be teachers representing various grade levels, subject areas, and special education. The Advisory Staff Development Committee must also include non-teaching staff, parents, and administrators.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop the District 833 Staff Development Plan
- Evaluate staff development efforts at the site level
- Be a member of the school staff development committee and / or represent a specific employee unit
- Share district staff development training and ideas with the site staff development committee