Special Health Conditions
- Anaphylaxis or Allergic Reaction Questionnaire
- Asthma Questionnaire
- Diabetes Questionnaire
- Seizure Disorder Questionnaire
District Health Services Staff recognizes each student as a unique and important individual with a variety of needs. Health Services staff strive to assist and strengthen the student's learning process by accommodating any existing health condition(s).
For Health Services staff to understand your child's needs and make necessary accommodations, we often seek information. This information assists staff in making decisions regarding the best plan (if any) for your child. If deemed appropriate, an Individual Health Plan (IHP) will be created detailing the steps we will take to accommodate your child's health needs.
To assist the Health Services team in collecting information about your child, please complete the appropriate questionnaire(s) from those listed above and return the completed form to the health service staff at your child's school.
Technical Nursing Procedures For Student Procedures In The School Setting:
Examples (Catheterization, G-Tube Feeding, Trach Suctioning)
- Procedure/Medication Form
- Students needing specialized treatments/procedures during the school day will have the treatments/procedures provided when it is necessary for the health of the student. All treatments/ procedures during the school day must be administered or delegated by a licensed school nurse.
- Treatments/procedures cannot be performed without proper authorization. A written order from the prescribing health professional as well as written authorization from the parent/guardian must be provided to the school on the above form.
- All requested treatments/procedures must be accompanied by instructions stating:
- Specific treatment/procedure to be performed
- Time(s) or frequency during school day to be performed
- Length of time treatment/procedure is to be performed
- Specialized instructions or comments
- Orders must be renewed annually or whenever there is a change of service
- The supplies and equipment needed to complete the procedure must be provided to the school by the parent/guardian .