South Washington County Schools


Immunizations Needed for School

Minnesota Statute 121A.15 requires every student enrolled in school to be immunized against certain diseases or file a legal medical or conscientious exemption. This law includes students enrolled in public and non-public PreK-12 programs, as well as childcare, preschool, alternative programs and home school programs. 

Students will not be able to attend school as of 09/10/2018 if their immunizations are not in compliance. If students arrive at school, a parent/guardian will be called to pick them up.

  • Student Immunization Reporting Form  - This form can be used to document vaccinations and/or to claim an exemption from the requirements for medical reasons or the conscientiously held beliefs of the parent/guardian. 
  • There is also an Early Childhood Immunization Form required for children who attend South Washington County Schools Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE), Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), school readiness programs, other school district preschool and pre-kindergarten programs.
  • Medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider. Conscientious exemptions must be signed by a parent/guardian and notarized. Schools will accept other versions of immunization records too as long as all required immunizations are listed.

Are your kids ready for school? (State Immunization Schedule)

The following checklists apply for the 2018-19 school year:

Are Your Kids Ready for School? 
Simple chart showing required immunizations for children in Minnesota.
Somali (PDF: 162KB/2 pages)
Spanish (PDF: 149KB/2 pages)
Vietnamese (PDF: 143KB/2 pages)

Washington County Immunication Clinics: Low to no cost

The Washington County Public Health Department offers low to no cost immunizations for families with no insurance or those who are under-insured.

Schedules and more information: 2018 Washington County Immunization Clinic
  • Washington County South Service Center: 13000 Ravine Parkway, Cottage Grove
  • Washington County Government Center: 14949 62nd St. N., Stillwater

If you need assistance due to disability or language barrier, please call 651-430-6655 (TDD 651-430-6246)