Bullying Prohibition Parent Resources
514 Bully Prohibition Policy and Purpose
On April 9, 2014 Governor Dayton signed the Safe and Supportive Schools Act. This act required Minnesota school districts to implement a Bullying Policy beginning in the 2014-2015 school year. Our district had had a bullying policy in place for a number of years and the new legislation provided an opportunity for review and refinement.
In reviewing our policy language, we focused on the key components of making sure that students are protected and that incidences of bullying are tracked and responded to appropriately. As a result, we implemented the 514 Bully Prohibition Policy.
Additional Parent Resources Available
- Click here to view additional resources for elementary parents
- Click here to view additional resources for secondary parents
- MDE resources to help families and others address bullying
- Cyber bullying: Steps parents/guardians can take to prevent harm
- Steps parents and families can take to help children who are bullied
Thank you for playing an integral part in helping to keep our students socially and emotionally safe. In doing so, you also help them to become successful learners and citizens.