Highlights from the March 16 School Board meeting
The School Board met on Thursday, March 16, with the following items on the agenda:
- District Highlights including National Merit Scholarship Finalists and Culture and Climate Ambassador Recognition;
- Public comment;
- Consent agenda items, including retirements, resignations, terminations, leaves of absence, new employees/change of status and extended field trips, electronic fund transfers, resolution to accept gifts, approval of Feb. 16 and March 2 School Board Meeting minutes, Special Education transportation management agreement, Valley Crossing Elementary School remodel bid award, bid to replace doors and windows at Pine Hill and Woodbury Elementary schools, Cottage Grove and Lake Middle School additions and Renovation bid award;
- Indian Education Plan;
- Financial Update;
- Middle School Guiding Change Document;
- Approval of the Achievement and Integration Plan for 2017-20 and 2017-18 Budget;
- Approval of Settlement of Walker vs. ISD 833;
- Superintendent’s Report;
- Student School Board Member Reports;
- Closed Session pursuant to Minnesota Statutes section 13D.05.
The meeting agenda and supporting documents are available on the district website here. Future School Board meetings are scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on April 6 and April 27, 2017.