Highlights from Jan. 5 School Board meeting
The School Board met at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 5 with the following items on the agenda:
- Closed Session to discuss the pending litigation in Walker v. ISD 833 and seek confidential legal advice as to its options in responding to the matter pursuant to Minnesota Statutes section 13D.05 subdivision 3(b);
- Election of Officers, including the appointment of Katy McElwee-Stevens as Board Chair, Tracy Brunnette as Vice Chair, Katie Schwartz as Treasurer and Sharon Van Leer as Clerk;
- Organizational items for 2017;
- Consent agenda items, including retirements, resignations, terminations, leaves of absence and new employees/change of status;
- Conversation with local legislators;
- Approval of FY 2015-16 Audit;
- Reports and comments from the superintendent and school board member reps.
The meeting agenda and supporting documents are available on the district website here. Future School Board meetings are scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 19 and Feb. 2, 2017.