The superintendent of schools is the chief administrative officer of the district, appointed by and directly responsible to the School Board. The superintendent serves as an ex-officio (non-voting) member of the School Board, facilitates the work of the Board and is responsible to the Board for providing direction and leadership to the school district.
Keith Jacobus is the superintendent of South Washington County Schools. His work is supported by Assistant Superintendents for Academic Excellence Michael Johnson and Julie Nielsen, along with the other members of his Cabinet.
The Superintendent's Cabinet includes:
- Robert Berkowitz, Director of Technology
- Brian Boothe, Director of Professional Development and Accountability
- Barbara Brown, Director of Communications
- Matthew Dorschner, Director of Teaching and Learning Services
- Renee Raming, Director of Human Resources
- Keith Jacobus, Superintendent
- Michael Johnson, Assistant Superintendent for Academic Excellence and Accountability
- Bob Lawrence, Director of Community Education
- Julie Nielsen, Assistant Superintendent for Academic Excellence and Accountability
- Dan Pyan, Director of Finance
- Mike Vogel, Assistant to the Superintendent for Operations
- Kevin Witherspoon, Director of Special Services